A pram or pushchair, alongside a cot and a highchair, is one of the biggest and often most expensive purchases parents make in anticipation for their new arrival. No sooner are they a tiny baby in arms, they are sitting up, crawling and walking.
As babies grow extremely quickly and finding a pram or a pushchair that will cater for your rapidly growing baby is imperative to save you buying subsequent pushchairs. Below are 15 factors to determine the perfect pushchair for you.
* Adjustable handle height
* Easy to push, fold and manoeuvre
* Lockable wheels at the front that can swivel
* One hand release collapsible pushchair
* Good suspension for those bumpy tracks and to handle kerbs
* Multi-position seat that includes a lie-flat position for a newborn
* Comfortable and ergonomic handles
* The pushchair or pram needs to be strong with sturdy wheels so that it will be strong enough to deal with your baby’s increasing weight.
* Your pushchair needs to be easy to steer, so don’t be afraid to take it on a ‘practise run’ in the shop before you buy it.
* Make sure that the pram or pushchair is waterproof and comes with a detachable waterproof hood.
* Ample size shopping tray
* A reversible seat that can either face forwards or backwards so baby can face you as you push.
* A detachable carry cot which baby can sleep in independent of the pram.
* Optional accessories such as a baby for nappies that can be attached to the pushchair can be useful.
* Ensure that the pram or pushchair reaches the relevant safety standards of the country it was purchased in.