Nobody’s arguing that mornings are mayhem – especially with perpetually procrastinating and eternally ‘starving’ kids underfoot. But before you pick up that quick-fix, but not-so-healthy cereal in order to quell a riot, check out this ridiculously easy, super-nutritious brekkie of champions…
If you have literally 3 or 4 minutes in the am, you can whip up a batch of scrummy homemade pancakes that are good for the belly, easy on the tastebuds, and – bonus for beleaguered allergy-bub mamas – gluten free.
All you need to make the 2 Ingredient Banana Pancakes is a blender, skillet, two eggs and a banana. Then wham, bam, BREAKFAST IN A PAN.
(Eat this, Betty Crocker.)
1 Ripe Banana, sliced
- Bung eggs and banana in the blender; blitz until smooth.
- Heat your pan (add some coconut oil if not non-stick).
- Plop batter into pan in the shape of a pancake and space them out to prevent joining.
- When bubbles start to form, flip ’em over and cook for 10 seconds on the other side.
- Remove from heat, and add toppings of choice (or none at all – they’re perfectly sweet and moist solo).
- Chow down.
Recipe and image via livingsweetmoments.com