So, what are British mums getting up to these days – other than having loads of babies? Well, we’re keen on exercise, ‘Botox after baby’ is also in and believe it or not labour selfies are hitting social sharing networks with a vengeance (no, really!). Katy Winter writing for MailOnline has highlighted a plethora of parenting fads that are set for greatness this 2015 year; check it out:
• ‘Final Trimester Flat Belly Diet’ – this trend is not so good but new mums, feeling pressure to bounce back to the pre-baby body immediately after birth, are lowering their calorie intake in the final tri aid the advent of a flat belly after baby is born. Diets often consist of green tea and low fat, low carb foods. And the effects on baby? Well, no doubt research will let us know…
• Mums having babies well into their forties. This is not a new practice but is certainly increasing in popularity.
• Post-labour makeovers – that include Botox and blow-dries straight after birth. As you can well imagine, the celebs are totally into these expensive but sought after packages. And who wouldn’t take a post-labour selfie looking like a million dollars?
• Gender neutral parenting is huge. Basically, it’s a parenting style that aims to remove gender stereotype through the use of gender-neutral toys, clothes, for example.
• Professional sports children – as you guessed, a trend that hails from America, where parents for out exorbitant amounts in an effort to involve their children in competitive sports like marathons, triathlons, motocross, baseball…for tots.
The names trends can be the source of some very serious stress but you know how it is with the internet; ideas catch on like wild fire, and parents are easily seduced by notions of perfection no matter how unrealistic. Dear parents, the trick to sanity is to keep it real; choose your trends carefully.
Which trend are you most likely to latch on to?
Source: Dailymail.co.uk – “Think mother knows best? Think again! From dieting in your third trimester to triathlons for tots, the latest parenting trends defy belief” (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2799900/think-mother-knows-best-think-dieting-trimester-triathlons-tots-latest-parenting-trends-defy-belief.html#ixzz3McAg2Mbc)