So your sweet-tooth is on the attack, but you don’t want to give in to the craving for nutritionally defunct junk? Check out this goodness-packed simple snack–perfect for pregnant mamas who want the crunch of a crisp and the sweetness of a treat…without the nasties.
Keeping your blood sugar levels on an even keel is key if you want to help avoid those waves of first trimester morning sickness. Give boring apples a speedy makeover with a mandolin (or a super-sharp knife), bake ’em, and pop in a Ziploc bag for on-the-go deliciousness. Easy as apple pie!
- 2 – 4 apples (depending on size)
- a tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 100°C. Sprinkle two large baking sheets by with ground cinnamon.
- Forget peeling or coring–simply slice the apples about 3mm thick and flick out the seed afterwards.
- Lay the apple slices on the tray. Dust again with cinnamon. Bake for 45 minutes, turning over halfway.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool on a wire rack (this is when they crisp up). Store in an airtight container and munch whenever the snack attack hits.