These frittata fingers are not only an ace way to fill lil’ bellies with good-for-you greens (or any veg you need to use up), they’re also simple to make, soft enough for gummy maws, and perfect for a lunchbox filler, nutritious snack, or a family supper side, too.
Feel free to change up broccoli/courgette for any favourite veggie, and play with seasoning to suit bambino’s (and the fam’s) taste:
* serves 4*
½ tbsp oil75g
1 cup grated courgette / zucchini50g / 1 cup chopped broccoli
3 medium eggs25g / ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
1 tbsp plain flour (can use gluten free or normal)
½ tsp dried mixed herbs or oregano
1. Preheat to oven 180c. Grease and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add your veg of choice and fry lightly for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender (but not mushy!).
3. Mix the eggs, cheese, flour and herbs together in a bowl, then add the cooked vegetables and stir until well combined.
4. Pour mixture into lined dish and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and allow frittata to cool before cutting into fingers and feeding.
Tip: store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
Via my fussyeater.com