Breakfast is important in providing your toddler with energy for the day. Like many adults, young children can often be not that interested in food in the morning.
If you are struggling to get your toddler to eat breakfast the following five delicious and healthy breakfast ideas could for toddlers to have a wholesome and nutritious start to the day.
1. Oatmeal topped with nuts, raisins, strawberries and sliced bananas will see your toddler through until lunchtime. For that extra ‘yum’ factor add a scoop of peanut butter, which will also give your little one an extra dose of protein.
2. Fresh fruit provides a great start to the day for children of any age. Make a delicious concoction of peaches, melon, strawberries, blueberries, banana, pear, orange and apple, and top it with yogurt for added calcium – very few toddlers will resist a breakfast this tasty.
3. If your toddler stubbornly refuses to eat in the morning blend some soy milk – or cow’s milk – in a blender with half a banana and two ice cubes. You can alternate the fruit you blend with the milk to give your toddler with different tastes. Milkshakes made with real fruit are high in vitamins and calcium and generally speaking, toddlers rarely turn down a milkshake.
4. Calcium fortified orange juice also provides a healthy start to the day for toddlers who refuse to eat breakfast, giving your youngster a vigorous dose of vitamin C, which can help stave off colds and coughs.
5. Wholegrain toast or a bagel topped with peanut butter is often a favourite with toddlers. For that extra nutritious value place a poached egg on top and this carbohydrate-packed breakfast will give your toddler enough energy to keep him going until lunchtime.