Forget ties and silly sock combos; make Father’s Day super-special this year with a personalised pressie Dad can actually use (everyday!), and cherish forever. What’s more, even tiny tots can join in on the crafting – messiness is encouraged!
Plus, this one-of-a-kind gift can be made in a flash, just in time for the day (‘coz we know you almost forgot, right?).
To make these fabulous (but fast!) coffee mugs, simply…
1. Grab supplies: ceramic mugs, Painters paint markers (or oil-based Sharpie pens), and cut letters from painters tape or nab some alphabet or shape stickers from any craft shop.
2. Carefully place the letters on your mug by hand.
3. Start doodling!! (The messier the better – colouring in the lines is not a prerequisite!)
4. Let the colours dry between layers.
5. Gently remove the letters.
6. Let dry for 24 hours and bake at 375°C for 30 minutes.
7. Make sure you tell Dad to only handwash his new treasure!
Tutorial and images via coconutrobot