When you’re expecting, taking in nutrition is paramount. But the most infamous pregnancy symptom can conspire against your best efforts to do so. Here’s one way to soothe the sickness so you can eat—and help combat our bodies’ screwy sense of humour.
Enter anti-nausea mint ginger lollipops—a brilliant baby shower gift, or simply an easy remedy you can make at home for yourself.
Free from unhealthy sugars and preservatives, and packed with indigestion-soothing, anti-inflammatory ginger and mint, these babies are a proper treat minus the guilt-inducing nasties.
Wrap your lollipops well, stuff them in your bag for emergency relief when you’re on the go, and keep a stash in the fridge or freezer for backup.
Makes 6 lollipops
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup mint leaves
1/2 cup honey
1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- Finely chop the mint leaves, then stir with the apple cider vinegar.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan on low heat. Add in honey and ginger.
- Heat slowly to boiling. Keep stirring.
- When the mixture reaches 300 degrees F (around 150 C), pour into lollipop moulds.*
- Don’t forget the sticks!
- Let lollipops cool at room temperature until hard.
- Wrap in wax paper or store in a glass jar, out of direct sunlight.
*If you don’t have a candy thermometer, place a drop of the honey mixture into a cup of ice water. If it becomes hard, then you’re ready to pour into the moulds.