Whether it is the fact they can have fun sucking yard-long strands of spaghetti in their mouths and play games pretending they are eating a plate full of worms, spaghetti remains a firm favourite amongst toddlers.
If you are however, having trouble coming up with a new variety of spaghetti dishes then read and discover how to make a delicious and healthy alternative spaghetti dish for toddlers.
Whilst some toddlers cannot stand mushrooms, many toddlers can’t get enough! If your toddler is of the latter inclined, then this spaghetti recipe for toddlers is perfect!
You will need:
1 ½ pounds mixed mushrooms, sliced with stems removed.
2 chopped leeks
8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
3 cloves chopped garlic
1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
½ cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
1 cup Greek-style plain yoghurt
* Boil to spaghetti until it is soft whilst heating the olive oil on a medium heat in a large saucepan. Sauté the mushrooms in the pan for approximately ten minutes until they are golden brown.
* Add the thyme, leeks and garlic to the saucepan and cook for a further ten minutes unit the leeks are golden brown.
* Add the chicken broth to the pan and cook on a medium heat for just 30 seconds.
* Stir the flour and yoghurt together in a separate bowl until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
* Add the flour and yoghurt mixture to the saucepan and cook until it begins to bubble.
* Pour the mushroom mixture over the spaghetti and add parmesan cheese to flavour.
And there you have it, a healthy and delicious spaghetti recipe for toddlers.