New mum? We know; time is in short supply–but it’s important you keep those energy stores up! Try out this fuss-free batch bar recipe; no baking required; just blitz in the blender!
These healthy, wholefood, vegan energy bars are perfect for manic day snacks–stash a few in the nappy bag when you’re out and about, and save some in the freezer, too. High in antioxidants, refined sugar free, and satisfies choccy cravings without the nasties.
- 1 ½ cups packed, pitted dates (350 g)
- ⅓ cup raw cacoa powder or cocoa powder (35 g)
- 1/2 cup whole chia seeds (75 g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut(45 g)
- 1 cup raw walnut pieces (125 g)
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate (70 g)
- 1/2 cup oats (50 g)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, optional, enhances flavour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, optional, enhances flavour
Put dates in blender or processor and blitz into thick paste.
Add walnuts and pulse to combine.
Add remainder of ingredients and mix into thick, dough consistency.
Line square baking pan with unbleached parchment paper. Press mixture firmly into the pan, getting into all the corners.
Freeze for a few hours or overnight.
Cut into 14 bars.
Store in air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.