There are so many caveats on what you should and shouldn’t eat during pregnancy that you might wonder if there’s anything healthy enough. The good news is that there’s actually plenty—like these moreish snack bars; packed with only good stuff (and totally yummy, too).
If the mood takes you, bake a double batch of these energy-boosting beauties, and keep a stash next to the bed to stabilise blood sugar when you wake and banish morning sickness, plus a couple in your bag for on-the-go.
- 1/2 Tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of peanuts (roasted)
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of oats
- 20 dates (pitted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp of salt
- Add oats, peanut butter, peanuts, sunflower seeds, oats, and dates in a blender and blitz.
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla essence, and salt.
- Add the egg mixture to the peanut mixture and blend again to make a coarse paste.
- Finally, fold in chocolate chips. Transfer the mixture to parchment-lined baking pan and smooth even. Bake for 35 minutes at 200 degrees F. Let cool, then cut it into bars.