You’ve got enough on your mind with your due date round the corner—use this cover-all hospital bag list for your labour prep, and then take the time to chill before the big day arrives.
Madeformums suggests packing a main bag, and then having a second one ready (including extra baby and partner clothing) should your hospital stay be longer than anticipated.
What to put in the hospital bag:
- Birth plan
- Medical notes
- Comfy clothing for labour—and a change in case waters break, or you’re sweating it out for a while.
- Snacks, water, juice, plus straws for easy sips
- Toiletries, hair bands and hairbrush
- Underwear, either very comfy old ones or disposable paper ones
- 1 pack maternity pads and breast pads
- Nursing bra
- Comfy button-down or stretchy pyjamas that make breastfeeding easy
- Plastic bag for dirty clothing
- iPad / tablet
- Extra pillow
- Post-birth outfit (if you’re bothered to change out of the PJs), and make-up—again, if you’re compelled.
Of course, don’t forget to pack in baby’s first outfit, plus an extra one, and a couple nappies, nappy sacks, and fragrance-free wipes.